Sunday 12 June 2011

Creation: INFANT DEITY

I have been putting a little thought into how I want to represent the baby Jesus. I found a baby doll on the street that I intend to do something with. I always found the portraits of the baby slightly odd, the Bellini ones are especially frightening. He looks like a bizarre tiny hairless adult, not quite baby enough.

In the portrait of him and the Madonna, I want her to be the supreme focus of the image, as she is what I fixated on when viewing the images. She is the star, the baby is incidental. Perhaps, if she is going to be plastered in this white make up, so should the baby. It also has connotations of blankness, purity, innocence, and in come circles, power.

I will leave the eyes bright blue so that they will match my Madonna's and add to his slight sinister aspect.



No comments:

Post a Comment