Tuesday 14 June 2011

CRUCIFIXION II


I feel that this is a much stronger image. Throughout my entire photographic life, every photoshoot I've done has been something that I secretly want to do myself, and now here was my chance. I've recently started reading Ayn Rand, and putting myself at the centre of existence seems like a very Randian thing to do. I set up the lighting for this, which took up a stressful half hour. I then set the camera on a tripod and had a handy assistant press the shutter. I was able to get the pose and the expression I wanted, plus the whole thing looks a lot slicker without the six or seven extras disrupting the lines of the cross or the body.

THIS IS FAR MORE LIKE THIS:

I'm so glad that I reshot this, it's worked out better than I'd hoped. It is a little sad that I didn't end up with a group crucifixion, like I wanted at the very beginning, but I tried it and I just couldn't make it work. Maybe one day in the future, I'll try again.

PICTURES SHOT: 505

No comments:

Post a Comment