Tuesday 14 June 2011

NOTES ON SALOME

After showing these pictures to several different friends along with the text, they got a different impression as to what's going on than I intended. From the text and the image progression, they assumed that Salome aged in the photos, becoming wisened and old, unhappy with her half life. I enjoyed this notion quite a lot, and indeed, it does perhaps make more sense than my initial idea, which was that it represented Salome and her Mother, Herodias.

I am happy for people to perceive the story either way. I leave this to the viewer's discretion.

It was interesting to see the impact you can have on narrative just by the order in which you place images. I feel that in this case, it feels more interactive to the audience, or perhaps I just need to ask other people what they think is going on more often. Enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment