Monday 13 June 2011

REBIRTH


Rebirth.
Reinvention.
Rejuvenation.
Resurrection.

I shaved my head as an act of penitence. I have long lived a wicked life, but now is the time to repent of my sins and start afresh. I was still inebriated on Sunday morning, my parents having left me alone in the house for an entire week. I lit Red Rose incense and played loud music. Sequentia - Voice of the Blood.

I allowed the Holy Ghost to enter my body, to fill me up inside. I stood looking at myself in the mirror for a long time. All I saw was vice, yesterday's cigarette smoke caught in my tangled hair, love bites on my neck, ink stains on my hands. I longed to be pure, to be virginal again. I wanted to be Holy. I was a lamb, lost in the wilderness, looking for my shepherd, etc etc.

Purging.
Barren.
Scour the land with fire.
Cleansing.
Pentecostal flames.
Destroy the evil.

Scour my body
For signs of DEVIATION.
Scalp me like a beast.

Set my hands ablaze
and pluck out my eyelashes.
Cracked lips. Paper skin.

You pluck out my eyes
And you taste my blood again.
Burn with desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment