Monday 13 June 2011

Planning: ARCHANGEL MICHAEL

I wanted to portray Rachel as the Angel Michael, who has no real role in my story, other than to guide the audience into the Heavens. Narrative is not the major concern of my project, the decoration and overall look is.

The styling for Rachel was quite odd in that it could be percieved just as an extrovert dress sense. We attracted strange looks when walking around college with her in costume because people couldn't work out whether that was just how she dressed, or whether it was costume. I took inspiration from the style queens Edith Head, and Coco Chanel, of whom I had recently watch the modern films about her; Coco Before Chanel, and Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky, both of which I found to be highly enjoyable.

Overall, I am really pleased with the results of this, and they feel different to my other work. They are full of character and personality, not just beauty and sex appeal. I did enjoy the lighting, but the cloth backdrop doesn't work as well as I would perhaps have liked. All in all, enjoyed it. Rachel is a dream.







PICTURES SHOT: 300

No comments:

Post a Comment