Thursday 9 June 2011

CONCEPT IMAGE.



This is something I've been dreaming of doing for quite while now; The Crucifixion.
I've never attempted something on this sort of scale before, but I intend to throw myself into it. Now that I have access to this large, impressive studio infinity curve, I feel that my work should be equally larger in scale.

This whole project started from my desire to create just this one image, a large cast of characters at the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I began planning who i would have there, who I would cast, how I would dress them, when I realised that this could become a full on project. I could shoot the Bible in it's entirety, recreating all the famous works I'd encountered in youth.

This is a crudely photoshopped image of the Bellini Crucifixion, featuring three of my potential models; Kit, Em and Joe. This was a motivational piece that I stuck on various walls around my work areas as something to aspire to, and be inspired by. It kept my final goal in sight, my focus honed.

No comments:

Post a Comment